HTC VIVE XR Elite Spec Breakdown
The Specs to Expect from the XR Elite
CES 2023 offered a fantastic insight into the growing demand for XR technology at the beginning of this year. During the conference, various market-leading innovators, as well as a few new companies, announced their new headsets and technology, focused on the VR, AR, and MR space.
HTC VIVE, one of the best-known headset manufacturers for the XR space, promised the arrival of an exciting new innovation in the form of the VIVE XR Elite. The powerful, customisable, and convertible tool offers lightweight access to immersive experiences. The all-in-one solution supports both PC-connected and untethered access, with full access to the VIVERSE portal.
Enabling vivid passthrough for MR experiences, the XR Elite aims to introduce users to a new generation of exceptional headset experiences. Let’s take a closer look at the specs.
The HTC VIVE XR Elite Specs
Due to be released in February 2023, the HTC VIVE XR Elite promises some phenomenal features. Not only do users get access to a sleek, compact headset that can adapt to their needs, but the XR Elite also comes with phenomenal fine-tuned viewing, depth-sensing precision and immersive audio too. Here are some of the specs we know so far:
- Convertible, compact headset which can transform into a pair of smart glasses
- 1920 x 1920 pixels per eye for exceptional resolution
- 6 degrees of freedom with inside-out tracking
- 90 Hz refresh rate
- Up to 110 degrees field of view
- Dual microphones for echo cancellation
- Built-in speakers with immersive audio
- Dual integrated microphones
- Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 processor
- USB Type C power and peripheral ports
- Bluetooth 5.2 and BLE
- Wi-Fi 6 and 6E connectivity
- 4 tracking cameras
- Depth sensor, proximity sensor, G-Sensor, and Gyroscope
- 16 MP RGB camera (passthrough)
- 24.31 battery cradle with removable and hot-swappable batteries
- 54-73mm adjustable IPD
- Controllers with capacitive sensors on trigger, thumb rest and joystick
- 128GB storage and 12GB memory
What to Expect from the HTC VIVE XR Elite
The lightweight and rechargeable battery offers 2 hours of access to the headset. It’s also possible to replace the battery thanks to a hot swappable design factor, for long-term use. Plus, the powerful controllers come with their own rechargeable battery, lasting up to 15 hours. Alongside all of that, users will also gain access to the VIVERSE portal as soon as they use the headset, so they can easily browse through software options related to their specific needs.
The high-octane solution enables both standalone and PC-connected functionality, with state-of-the-art tracking in both use cases. For companies and consumers in search of next-level XR functionality, the VIVE XR Elite is sure to be a significant competitor. It’s currently available for pre-order at a price of £1,299.